Bounty Sheriffs stake BNTY on Bounty0x to earn tokens by reviewing submissions made by Bounty Hunters. Here's a full guide on how to get started as a Bounty Sheriff.
Here is a quick outline of what this guide includes:
- Sheriff requirements
- Step-by-step guide
- Some tips
- Any questions?
- You need to own BNTY. For an optimal experience, we recommend owning at least 1,000 BNTY.
- Experience with using Meta Mask. You will need to perform Ethereum transactions through Meta Mask to make review submissions. No worries, it's a lot easier than it sounds!
- Good English skills to understand bounty instructions and to perform reviews correctly.
- If you perform an INCORRECT review, you will lose your staked BNTY. This mechanism ensures that Sheriffs are incentivized to perform correct reviews.
- If you perform a CORRECT review, you will earn a reward paid in the same tokens that Hunters are rewarded in that particular bounty.
Some important things to know
- Submissions are randomly assigned to Sheriffs on the Bounty0x platform. After logging in, you will see in your Sheriff dashboard the ones that are assigned to you. Assigned submissions that have not been reviewed for 7 days will be replaced by new ones.
- After a review is made, your BNTY stake will remain locked for 7 days. This is the appeal window where Bounty Hunters can challenge your review. This means that if you want to withdraw your BNTY, you will need to wait 7 days after it was staked.
- You will need to download MetaMask if you haven't already and be logged-in to use the Sheriff staking functionality. IMPORTANT: You need to have a small amount of Ether (ETH) in your MetaMask wallet to cover gas costs.
You can whitelist yourself to become a Sheriff here.
2. Confirming email and logging-in
After confirming your email address, you can now log into your Bounty0x Sheriff account here by clicking on the "Sheriff" tab.
IMPORTANT: You will have to connect to MetaMask to complete the log-in and start reviewing submissions.
3. Passing KYC
In order to avoid a potential Sybil attack, Sheriffs need to perform KYC on Bounty0x before being able to review submissions.
4. Depositing BNTY
Next step is depositing BNTY which will then be used for staking. We recommend depositing at least 1,000 BNTY so that you can make more than just a couple reviews before having to wait 1 week until the tokens are unlocked again.
In order to deposit BNTY, you will have to perform two MetaMask transactions which will be automatically triggered.
IMPORTANT: Since you are performing a MetaMask transaction, you will need some Ether (ETH) in your connected wallet in order to cover transaction fees (gas costs).
After the transaction has been completed, you will have to wait until the transaction is confirmed on the Ethereum network. This might take up to 2 minutes.
5. Staking BNTY
When your BNTY deposit arrives, you can select the submissions that you want to review, we recommend selecting multiple submissions at once in order to save Ethereum transaction fees (gas costs).
After selecting the submissions that you want to review, you can now stake the necessary BNTY. You will have to perform a MetaMask transaction to stake your BNTY.
6. Reviewing submissions
As soon as your BNTY are staked, you can now proceed with approving or rejecting submissions. When making an approval, you will have to provide type the reward amount that this submission deserves, in the token that the bounty is paid in. When making a rejection, you will have to provide a quick comment about why you rejected the submission.
You also have the option to "Report" a submission if you think it goes against the platform's rules.
After you made a review, the BNTY that you staked for that particular submission will remain locked for exactly 1 week. This is the appeal window in which Hunters will be able to challenge your decision and report it if they think you made an incorrect one. If after 7 days there are no conflicts, your stake will be returned.
- Only review submissions where you are confident that you can review them correctly. Otherwise, you risk losing BNTY.
- Select multiple submissions at once when reviewing. This will save you A LOT of gas costs (Ethereum transaction fees).
- Every time you stake BNTY for a review, it will remain locked for 7 days for an appeal window. Therefore, we recommend depositing at least 1,000 BNTY into your Bounty0x account so that you can continue reviewing while the staked tokens are locked. No worries, if the review was correct you will receive your tokens back immediately after the 7-day appeal window is over.
Don't hesitate to open a support ticket at email@example.com if you have any questions. Our support team will be happy to guide you through the whole process.